Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Pre--Holiday Storm

Finals, papers, insomnia, temporary attention deficit disorder, and random chaos are the words which best encompass finals week. For me things were slightly easier than past semesters, however still challenging. I was responsible for creating a Gate II Portfolio, which means if passed they will allow me to student teach...scary I know! The paper ended up being a monster; I think the binder weighs five pounds with over seventy five pages of reflections, papers, and assessments.

Christmas is just around the corner which means little smokeys, winter break, spending money that doesn’t exist, and cross country skiing through the north woods (if there is enough snow!) Today it was raining in Eau Claire, so much for the white Christmas. That being said…Happy Holidays!

On the riding front things have been slow. This past week+ I have put in around 200 miles of high cadence, toe numbing, face burning late December rides. John and I have been out for some rides, mostly night rides along the river and away from crazy holiday drivers in a haze. I will start to pick things up again soon. With a less demanding spring semester I should have more time for quality rides and maybe a routine…although I better not ask for too much at once.

Tuition payments are fast approaching for next spring so it has become increasingly important to liquidate some carbon bikes. If you are interested I am still trying to sell my 2006 Trek 9.9 (21.5inch) carbon laced speed lusting mountain bike. It is currently listed on mtbr, check it out! Tell a friend!

Thank You! I have not said it enough this season to the people who are paying the bills and handing the bottles and screaming on the trailside. Thanks PCW for another great year! Thanks you John (not John Beck, but him too!) for all the race support! I resigned my contract with PCW for another race season in 2007 and am excited to once again ride for the Midwest’s Blue Train. Thank you to the sponsors, I would not be riding without you!

Support Tristan’s world’s campaign!

Quote of the day:

“We each carry our own Tour de France inside of us.” ~ Philippe Brunel

Train Hard Train Smart…

Happy Holidays

Chad

2 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger Sarah Lukas said...

hey- happy holidays and maybe I'll see you on the team next year.

 
At 3:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really inspired with your [url=http://pandorabraceletsaleu.co.uk]pandora charm bracelets[/url] writing talents as neatly as with the structure for your weblog. [url=http://pandorabraceletsaleu.co.uk]pandora bracelet charms[/url] , Is that this a paid topic or did you customize it yourself? Either way stay up the nice quality writing, it is rare to see a great weblog like this one nowadays..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home