Sunday, July 30, 2006

The calm before the storm

CRAAAACK!....was the horrifying sound I woke up to early this morning as a monster front/ mild tornado touched down right behind my house. Looking out my window was like watching fireworks on the fourth all over again; it was almost like being at a dance club with an obnoxiously loud strobe light. This morning we had no power meaning no fancy Sunday morning breakfast, which I was looking forward to considering the empty race calendar. After riding around on the Honda my dad gave me the full property damage report. Around a half a dozen good sized oak trees uprooted, one even landed in the pond. On the sunny side of things we soaked up around three inches of rain ending our mid summer’s drought and lessening our watering extravaganzas.

On the cycling/schedule front this weekend is the calm before a lengthy storm. This coming Thursday Chase, John, and I are skipping the Equalizer TT to head down south for the PCW crit and Calumet Wors race. After that it’s the O2S in MI and then back to school, RA training, and the crazy college lifestyle which, I think, I am ready to jump back into.

Congrats to all the 24/9 riders out there, I hope you had an awesome ride and avoided our not so riding worthy weather.

Quote of the Day:

“As long as I breathe, I attack.” – Bernard Hinault

World is your Playground!
Chad

2 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger Muraski said...

It poured like a mother down in Wausau. It started when I was out at about 5:00 am. They ended up calling the race early.

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

another edition of the ETDRR will be happening August 19th. The general store should be open so we don't have to get water at the bar this time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home